Replacing Tack Strips—Carpet Repair
Free No-Obligation Estimates.
3-Year Unmatched Repairs Guarantee.
38 Years Of Carpet Repair Experience.
Trusted By Over 500,000 Customers.
All Carpet Repairs & Stretching, Including Wool And Berber.
Expert Repair Technicians, Licensed & Insured.
96% On-Time Track Record.
As your carpet ages, you may notice lumpy, loose, or bulging carpeting, which can all be corrected by simply stretching the carpet, which is one of the best solutions to carpet aging. But before the carpet is re-stretched, the old carpet tack strips must be replaced with new ones to ensure the carpet and padding are properly secured. Tack strips are generally installed around the perimeter of a room before carpeting is installed. It is common for tack strips to become damaged or worn out over time, causing carpet appearance issues such as carpet starting to loosen or ripple. A professional must replace the tack strips.
Professional Carpet Repair Services
For 38 years, KIWI has been one of the most reputable and trusted sources for carpet repair services. Our carpet repair experts provide the most meticulous carpet repair work in the industry. Our technicians have the training and experience required to repair and restore any type of carpet damage, including bulges, pet damage, waves, holes, tears, and unsightly seams due to wear and tear. In the event that your carpet repair involves replacing old or damaged tack strips, our technicians will:
- Remove the old tack strips: Our trained KIWI Services technician will carefully pry up and remove the old, worn-out tack strips from the floor.
- Install the new tack strips: He will then install new tack strips along the edges of the room. These strips are integral to holding the carpet in place, so their secure installation is a crucial step.
- Re-stretch the carpet: The carpet is stretched back into its original position using professional carpet stretching tools. This process helps to remove wrinkles, ripples, or any loose areas, ensuring that the carpet lies flat and taut against the floor.
- Reattach the carpet: Once the carpet is stretched properly, our technician will meticulously reattach it onto the new tack strips. This process ensures a tight, secure fit and that the carpet doesn’t shift or bulge over time.
- Smooth and inspect the carpet: After the carpet has been reattached, our carpet technician will smooth it out to remove any potential minor bulges or uneven areas. A thorough final inspection is carried out to ensure the carpet appears as seamless and smooth as possible, enhancing the aesthetics and safety of your room
The most comprehensive 3–year carpet repair warranty in the industry
We want to ensure that you are 100% satisfied with the quality provided, which is why we give you a 3–Year unconditional guarantee on all carpet repairs. If any of our repairs or tack stripes needs further attention, KIWI will return and repair it, no questions asked. KIWI also offers a one-year carpet cleaning warranty that allows you to have your carpets cleaned for just $6 a room throughout the year. If you’re looking for carpet repairs and cleaning, we’re the company for you.