Frequently Asked Questions About Rug Cleaning
Our rugs are cleaned with our special pH-balanced citrus cleaner that safely and thoroughly cleans while being friendly to the environment, people, and pets. In addition to being certified by The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), we’re also fully licensed and insured.
After a professional cleaning, the drying time for rugs varies depending on factors such as humidity, ventilation, and the specific cleaning method used. Generally, rugs should be dry within 6-12 hours after cleaning. Your service technician will provide specific recommendations based on your situation.
To maintain your rug between professional cleanings, follow these tips:
- Regularly vacuum or sweep the rug to remove dirt, dust, and debris
- Rotate the rug every few months to distribute wear and prevent uneven fading
- Use rug pads to prevent slipping and provide cushioning, which can prolong the rug’s lifespan
- Keep the rug away from direct sunlight to minimize fading
- Address spills and stains promptly using appropriate cleaning products for your rug type
- Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaning tools that may damage the rug’s fibers
You can take it to a professional rug cleaning service in your local area. These specialized cleaning companies have the expertise and equipment required to handle various types of rugs, including Oriental, Persian, and wool rugs. They use appropriate cleaning techniques to ensure the safety and longevity of your rug while effectively removing dirt, stains, and odors. To find a reputable rug cleaning service, you can search online, ask for recommendations from friends or family, or check customer reviews to ensure you choose a reliable and experienced provider.
Search By Zip Code
Find A Kiwi Services Near You