Wood Floor Refinishing
Free No-Obligation Estimates.
38 Years Of Wood Floors Care Experience.
Trusted By Over 500,000 Customers.
12 Steps Comprehensive Service With 30-Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
Full-Service Floor Care: Cleaning, Stripping, Waxing, Sealing and Polishing.
Pro Floors Specialists, Licensed & Insured.
96% On-Time Track Record.
When it comes to wood floor refinishing and rescreening, you want to choose the best company that can handle the little details and big steps that come with the job. With over 38 years of experience, KIWI can get the job done right and efficiently. Our expert wood floor refinishing technicians can handle any wood floor refinishing and wood floor rescreening needs. We have over half a million happy customers who can attest to our great services.
Experience the Mastery of KIWI’s Wood Floor Refinishing Process
Hardwood floors might lose their original allure and smooth finish over time due to continuous usage, spills, and scratches. Here’s where the professionals at KIWI Services come into play. Our wood floor refinishing process is meticulously designed to breathe new life into your hardwood floors, restoring their original charm and beauty.
- In-Home Assessment: The process begins with a KIWI expert technician visiting your home to assess the condition of your floors. They will carefully examine the surface to understand the extent and nature of the refinishing required.
- Repair and Patchwork: After assessing your floors, our team will address any visible damages. This includes patching and repairing any significant holes or cracks that might be present, ensuring a smooth and uniform surface to work on.
- Sanding: The heart of the refinishing process is sanding. Our experts will meticulously sand your floors to level them and eliminate any previous stains or surface unevenness. This process also helps to open the wood’s pores for the next steps.
- Buffing: Post sanding, the floors are buffed professionally to remove any marks caused by the sanding process. This step is crucial to ensure a completely smooth floor, ready for the sealing and staining phase.
- Sealing and Staining: This is the transformative step where your wood floors begin to regain their lost glory. The floors are sealed for protection and then stained to enhance their natural beauty. The choice of stain will depend on your personal preference and the type of wood.
- Final Inspection: The process concludes with a final inspection to ensure that the refinishing work meets KIWI’s high-quality standards. Our job is only complete when your floors look impeccable, and you’re fully satisfied.
Rejuvenating Hardwood Floors: Buff and Recoat
KIWI’s meticulous buff and recoat process efficiently erases minor blemishes and reinstates the floor’s protective layer. Experience the satisfaction of a fresh, rejuvenated look with our top-notch hardwood floor cleaning services.
Buff and Recoat Process
Hardwood floors buffing and recoating, also known as screen and recoat, is a maintenance procedure designed to rejuvenate worn-out hardwood floors. This process can take care of minor scratches and marks, giving your floors a fresh, new look. Here’s how it’s typically done:
- Preparation: The first step involves clearing the room of all furniture and rugs. The floor needs to be entirely bare before work can begin.
- Cleaning: Before starting the buffing process, the floor must be thoroughly cleaned. Any dust or dirt left on the floor can cause scratches during buffing.
- Buffing: Buffing is the process of lightly sanding the floor with a mechanical buffer or a sanding screen. This removes the old coat of polyurethane but doesn’t damage the wood.
- Vacuuming and Tack Cloth: After buffing, vacuum up the dust, then wipe the floor with a dampened tack cloth to ensure all remaining dust is removed.
- Recoating: Once the floor is completely clean, it’s time to recoat. The new coat of finish (typically polyurethane) is applied in a thin layer with a high-quality brush or applicator. It’s crucial to let each layer dry thoroughly before adding another one.
- Drying: After applying the finish, it needs to dry. The drying time depends on the type of finish used but is typically between 24 to 48 hours. During this time, it’s essential to keep the area free from foot traffic and airborne dust.
Reassembling the Room: Once the finish is completely dry, you can carefully move your furniture and rugs back into the room.
This buff and recoat process does not fix deep scratches, gouges, or stains. If your floor has these, you may need to consider a more intensive sanding and refinishing project.
KIWI’s Promise to You
At KIWI, we always want to provide the best services for our customers. Whether it’s our renown carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, rug cleaning, or wood floor refinishing, we want to do the best job. If you are unhappy with your service from us, we will provide a complimentary re-do within 30 days. We want to make sure our customers are 100% satisfied.
Give us a call today to schedule a wood floor refinishing or wood floor rescreening appointment. Our representatives can answer any questions you may have.