Persian Rug Cleaning
Free Rugs Pickup & Delivery Service.
38 Years of Cleaning & Repairs Experience.
16-Step Rug Cleaning Process With 30-Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
100% Rug Odor Elimination Guarantee.
Eco-Friendly – Safe For Kids And Pets.
Experts Rug Cleaners, Licensed & Insured.
96% On-Time Track Record.
At KIWI, we provide exceptional Persian rug cleaning services backed by our 30-Day Clean Satisfaction Guarantee. With 38 years of rug cleaning and repair experience, you can trust our expertise in handling these delicate and valuable works of art with the utmost care. We are committed to using Green Rug Cleaning Solutions, ensuring the safety of your rugs, your family, and the environment.
Our professional team understands the unique needs of Persian rugs and is skilled in using gentle cleaning methods to prevent damage or color bleeding.
With our extensive knowledge of Persian rug history, construction, and materials, we provide specialized care that preserves their beauty and cultural heritage. Entrusting KIWI with your Persian rug cleaning guarantees a reliable and eco-friendly service that maintains the rug’s authenticity and value.
Persian rugs Kinds
Persian rugs, a type of Oriental rug, are highly valued for their intricate designs, quality materials, and expert craftsmanship. There are several kinds of Persian rugs, each named after the region or city in which they were traditionally produced. Here are a few examples:
- Tabriz Rugs: Originating from the city of Tabriz, these rugs are known for their high quality and variety of designs. They often feature central medallion motifs and detailed floral patterns.
- Isfahan Rugs: Isfahan rugs are highly detailed and often contain a single, unique design. They are usually made from high-quality wool or silk and often have a medallion pattern surrounded by vines or flowers.
- Qum Rugs: These rugs are often made of silk and are known for their high knot density and intricate designs, which can include a wide variety of motifs such as garden designs, medallions, hunting scenes, or depictions of historical events.
- Kashan Rugs: Kashan rugs are highly sought after and are known for their intricate designs, often featuring a central medallion surrounded by floral motifs. They’re typically crafted from high-quality wool or silk.
- Nain Rugs: Nain rugs often feature a central medallion and floral design elements. They are known for their high knot density and use of high-quality wool and silk in their construction.
- Heriz Rugs: Heriz rugs are known for their durability and distinct geometric patterns. They often have a large central medallion and a strong, bold design.
- Kerman Rugs: Kerman rugs are praised for their broad range of designs and superior craftsmanship. They often feature elaborate central medallions and intricate floral and vine patterns.
- Bakhtiari Rugs: Known for their strong, durable construction and distinct geometric patterns, Bakhtiari rugs often feature garden or medallion motifs.
Each type of Persian rug has its own distinct style and character, and the quality can vary based on factors like materials used, knot density, and the intricacy of the design. It’s also worth noting that while these traditional regional styles persist, many modern Persian rugs may blend styles or introduce new design elements.
The cleaning process of each kind of Persian
The cleaning process of each kind of Persian rug is generally similar, involving inspection, dusting, washing, drying, and final inspection. However, there can be slight variations based on the specific materials and construction of the rug. Here are some general considerations:
- Tabriz, Isfahan, Kashan, and Nain Rugs: These rugs are often made from high-quality wool or silk. The silk versions, in particular, require special care during cleaning to prevent damage to the delicate fibers. They should be cleaned by a professional who can handle them gently and use appropriate cleaning solutions that won’t damage the silk or cause colors to fade or run.
- Qum Rugs: Because these rugs are often made entirely of silk, they require the utmost care during cleaning. Silk can easily be damaged by harsh cleaning agents or aggressive cleaning methods, so a gentle, professional cleaning process is crucial.
- Heriz and Bakhtiari Rugs: These rugs are known for their durability, but their bold colors and geometric patterns still require careful cleaning to prevent color bleed and to maintain the clarity of the designs.
- Kerman Rugs: These rugs often feature elaborate and detailed designs, which require careful cleaning to ensure the intricacy is not diminished. Additionally, as with other Persian rugs, the colors need to be protected to prevent fading or bleeding.
While these guidelines can provide a sense of the level of care each type of rug requires, the best approach is to have any Persian rug professionally cleaned. Our expert rug cleaners have the knowledge and experience to tailor the cleaning process to the specific needs of your rug. They can also address specific issues such as stain removal, odor elimination, and minor repairs, ensuring your Persian rug maintains its beauty and value.
Rely on KIWI’s Expertise for Your Persian Rug Cleaning Needs
Persian rug cleaning differs from cleaning other types of rugs due to their unique construction, materials, and cultural significance. Here are some factors that make Persian rug cleaning distinct:
- Delicate Materials: Persian rugs are often made from natural fibers like silk or fine wool, requiring gentle cleaning to prevent damage or color bleeding.
- Handcrafted Artistry: Persian rugs are typically hand-knotted and feature intricate patterns and designs. This craftsmanship demands specialized care to preserve the rug’s structure and details.
- Colorfastness: The dyes used in Persian rugs can be sensitive to water and chemicals. A professional cleaner will carefully test the rug for colorfastness to ensure that the cleaning process does not result in fading or color bleeding.
- Traditional Techniques: To maintain the authenticity of a Persian rug, it is essential to use traditional cleaning methods, such as gentle agitation, hand washing, and controlled drying, which respect the ug’s cultural heritage and craftsmanship.
- Expert Knowledge: Cleaning Persian rugs requires understanding their history, construction, and materials. Professionals specializing in Persian rug cleaning possess the necessary knowledge and expertise to clean these rugs without causing harm.
Due to these unique characteristics, Persian rug cleaning should be entrusted to professionals with experience and expertise in handling these delicate and valuable works of art.
Persian Rug Cleaning Process
We know how important it is to maintain the integrity of your Persian rug, which is why we employ only the best and most meticulous rug cleaning methods when your rug is in our care.
When you schedule a Persian rug cleaning with KIWI Services, here is what you can expect:
- A Pre-Wash Inspection: Before work has even begun, your area rug technician will inspect your rug for anything that might be of concern, such as prior dye bleeding, tears, and anything else that could be damaged during cleaning.
- Dust Removal: After the inspection and precautions have been taken, both sides of the rug are thoroughly swept with a special vacuum with beater bars to remove loose soil.
- Wash and Treat: We hand-wash your area rug using a technique specific to the fiber, dye, soiling, and construction.
- Odor Neutralization: Once your rug has been washed, we use a freshening agent that helps neutralize odors. For rugs with known bacteria problems, we recommend purchasing our Ozone treatment, which kills odor-causing bacteria.
- Dry: To prevent color migration or fiber stretching of your rug, it will be dried flat until prepared for wrapping and delivery.
Revive Your Persian Rug Today with KIWI Services
Is your cherished Persian rug losing its vibrant look? Bring it back to life with KIWI Services’ expert rug cleaning! Our professional team delicately revitalizes your rug, restoring its former beauty and enhancing its longevity. Get in touch with our friendly office team today for a no-obligation, complimentary quote.